Have fine lines, wrinkles, and exposure to the sun prematurely aged your skin? Have you lost your glow, youthful radiance, and notice changes whenever you look at yourself in the mirror? Age spots, blemishes, and sun damage are some of the first factors that add years to your appearance. Years of unprotected exposure to the sun and lack of a skincare regimen, along with the natural process of aging, can leave your skin looking blemished, unhealthy, wrinkled, and prematurely old.
The good news is that help is at hand! Dr. Daniel Ritacca and his team at Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa are experts at using Sciton Forever Young BroadBand Light (BBL)™ light photofacial rejuvenation therapy to target a wide variety of skin conditions related to aging and sun damage.
With this technology, you can achieve a more refreshed, rejuvenated, and youthful appearance. You will restore your skin to its natural beauty, making it clearer, smoother, and more vibrant.
When Is the Best Time of Year for My BBL Photofacial?
In winter, we naturally receive less sun exposure on our skin, making it the ideal time to have your BBL photofacial and achieve a brighter skin tone and a more even complexion. With a course of up to four treatments, this winter means you’ll be ready to surprise your family and friends for an exciting spring reveal!
What is Forever Young BBL Photofacial?
Sciton’s Forever Young BBL ™ is an innovative technology proven to be most effective when it comes to treating signs of aging. It is a noninvasive treatment that delivers broadband light to the epidermis and dermis.
With no surgery or downtime, and a minimal amount of discomfort, it delivers light therapy targeting the deeper layers of your skin where most signs of aging occur.
What Conditions Does BBL Photofacial Treat?
BBL photofacial uses light energy to heat the upper layers of your skin, which gently stimulates collagen growth as well as the growth of new skin cells. You can achieve smoother skin with fewer wrinkles. A BBL photofacial can eliminate brown pigmentation such as age spots and freckles, along with other conditions such as acne, sagging skin, rosacea, small blood vessels, aging skin, uneven skin texture, loss of firmness, and even unwanted hair.
Other conditions targeted for treatment may include the following.
- Age spots: Not only do these give away your age, but they also make you look older than you are. Age spots show on your skin as rounded or flat patches, black or brown in color. BBL photofacial is a powerful treatment that will remove these spots, penetrating deep into the layers of your skin, giving beautiful results.
- Sun damage: The sun’s ultraviolet light damages your skin. Over time, you end up with wrinkles and dark spots. Forever Young BBL treatments can erase early signs of aging and help reverse sun damage.
- Blemishes: BBL treatments will penetrate the skin and get rid of unsightly facial blemishes, leading to dramatic results and leaving you with a smoother appearance.
What How Does BBL Photofacial Work?
The light energy delivered by BBL photofacial treatments will precisely target the selected areas in your skin, gently heating the upper layers. The heat absorbed by these selected areas will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate. Over several weeks and several treatments, this process will continue.
BBL Photofacial FAQs
What Will I Feel During My BBL Photofacial?
After your technician applies a coating of cooling gel to the target area, a chilled applicator device delivers precise amounts of light therapy over the skin. You might experience a warm popping sensation and some discomfort in more sensitive areas.
Is There Any Downtime Associated With BBL Photofacial?
Immediately following treatment, expect to see some redness in the treated area, which may feel like a slight sunburn. You may also have some swelling for a day or two following your treatment.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Dr. Ritacca will personalize a treatment plan for you over multiple sessions with one every two to six weeks until you achieve the desired result. It typically takes up to four treatments to reach the final results.
What Aftercare Do I Need?
The skin on the treated areas may be sensitive to sunlight, and you should apply sunscreen and other skincare products as directed by Dr. Ritacca.
Is There Any Downtime Associated With Forever Young BBL?
In most cases, there is no downtime. You should be able to apply makeup immediately afterward and return to your regular routine.
What Can I Expect During My Treatment Consultation?
During your treatment consultation, Dr. Ritacca will carefully examine your face, neck, chest, and hands to check for the kind of sun damage, vascular issues, and pigment irregularities commonly treated with a BBL photofacial.
- Before treatment: We will ask you to stay out of sunlight before receiving the treatment. If you’ve tanned recently, you might need to wait a while and come back later for treatments. You might also need to avoid medications that make you more sensitive to light.
- During treatment: Appointments are quick and usually take less than an hour. During the procedure, your skin may appear slightly red and swollen with a slight warming sensation, as well as some mild discomfort.
- After treatment: You’ll need to avoid scented lotions, exfoliants, and aggressive scrubbing. It’s normal for freckles and sunspots to get darker initially, and they usually flake off within one to three weeks. You might feel something resembling sunburn after the treatment, and applying an ice pack should help.
Fall in Love With the New You This Winter
As spring approaches, fall in love with your rejuvenated appearance and surprise everyone with a new, younger you! Dr. Daniel Ritacca and his team at Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa in Vernon Hills and Chicago, IL, have developed an impeccable reputation for their outstanding and natural-looking results.
Contact us today at 847-367-8815 or send an online request to schedule a consultation. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!