If you’re bothered by the signs of facial aging, there’s never been a better time to seek treatment. You have more options than ever before— from injectables to laser treatments to improved cosmetic surgery techniques that yield wonderfully natural-looking results.
How do you know which treatment or combination of treatments is right for you? The answer lies in your specific concerns about the changes in your face and how advanced the signs of aging are.
What Signs of Facial Aging Concern You the Most?
Look closely at your face in the mirror and note the features that bother you the most.
- Are lines and wrinkles becoming more noticeable? Where on your face do they appear? Are they expression lines that form when you smile or worry that are hardening into permanent creases?
- Is your complexion becoming rough or developing uneven coloration?
- Is the skin on your cheeks loosening and sagging, forming jowls, and softening the definition of your jaw?
- Have your cheeks and the area under your eyes lost volume, creating a sunken look?
- Are your eyebrows or upper eyelids drooping?
- Have your lips thinned?
Any of these changes can make you look older than you feel. Fortunately, all of them can be corrected with anti-aging treatments.
Treating the Early Signs of Facial Aging
Mild to moderate facial lines and wrinkles can be softened and smoothed, and complexion rejuvenated, with a range of non-invasive or minimally invasive treatments. These include:
- BOTOX® and other neuromodulator injectables that relax facial expression muscles to soften crow’s feet, forehead creases, and frown lines.
- Dermal fillers, a different form of injectable treatment, which are used to smooth facial lines and wrinkles, add volume where it has been lost in the cheeks and under the eyes, and enhance lip definition.
- Ultherapy, which uses ultrasound technology to lift the eyebrows, tighten skin on the neck and under the chin, and treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facials and chemical peels, which remove dead skin from the surface and trigger the growth of smoother and more evenly colored skin to replace it. The effect is a brighter and younger-looking complexion.
- BBL Photofacial, which uses broadband light energy to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin, refreshing complexion and correcting areas of discoloration.
- Laser treatments, which can improve fine lines and wrinkles, address the effects of sun damage, and treat skin discoloration.
- Silhouette Instalift, a minimally invasive procedure to lift facial tissue using biodegradable thread.
Surgical Options to Reverse More Advanced Facial Aging
When skin and underlying tissue loosens to the point where fillers and skin-tightening treatments no longer make you look young, plastic surgery offers a more permanent remedy. Cosmetic surgery techniques have advanced dramatically in recent years, enabling skilled plastic surgeons to create results that set back the clock on your appearance with a completely natural look.
The three key surgical procedures for facial rejuvenation are:
- Facelift, which tightens the muscles under the skin and removes excess fat and skin to give the face a younger, fresher look. A facelift can make you look 10 or 15 years younger.
- Brow lift, or forehead lift, which tightens skin and lifts underlying tissue on the upper part of the face, above the eyes, to correct drooping eyebrows and forehead creases.
- Eyelid enhancement, which restores an alert, youthful look when the tissue of the eyelids loosens and sags.
Schedule a Consultation in the Chicago Area
With so many options to choose from, the most important decision is to select a skilled and experienced provider or surgeon who can guide you to the treatment that will best address your unique needs. Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa offers a full range of cosmetic treatments in Vernon Hills, IL, including plastic surgery and non-surgical procedures. Contact our practice today at (847) 367-8815 or submit an online request to schedule a consultation.