Vein Disease Treatment
Dr. Daniel Ritacca continues to stay on the global forefront of varicose & spider vein treatments as he recently took a trip to help thousands in Honduras suffering from venous insufficiencies and ulcers.
Dr. Ritacca has acquired a special expertise in treating varicose veins by the new, state-of-the-art and FDA-approved procedure called Endovenous Laser, or EVLT. This procedure has rapidly replaced the traditional way of treating veins by a procedure called surgical stripping. EVLT is a minimally-invasive procedure that is done in our accredited surgery center with local anesthetic to remove large varicose veins. This procedure requires no downtime and leaves no scars.
Surgical stripping, on the other hand, is an in-hospital procedure requiring spinal or general anesthesia, with several days of recovery time and leaves numerous little scars on the legs.
More than 80 million people in the United States have problems with their veins, the vessels that return blood to the heart once it has circulated through the body. Many people suffering from venous disorders come to vascular surgeons looking for treatment to either relieve pain or improve the visible appearance of diseased veins.
Reasons to choose our center for vein surgery.
- Over 25 years of experience in Heart and Vascular surgery.
- We were one of the first in the country to do laser vein removal 10 years ago.
- Board Certified Surgeons.
- Active members of the American Academy of Phlebology (Varicose Vein Doctors).
- All procedures are done in an outpatient setting and not a hospital.
- Minimal downtime with the laser, and get back to work the next day.
- Higher success rate with 2008 laser technology.
Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa is recognized as premiere vein specialists with board-certified surgeons performing all surgeries