Over the course of life, many factors begin to take a toll on our faces. Gravity, sun and even stress cause us to develop wrinkles that take the form of deep creases in our necks, jaws and faces. The signs of aging can be counteracted through a face lift, which tightens the muscle, removes excess fat and skin and gives the face a younger, fresher look. It is not uncommon for patients to look 10 or 15 years younger following a facelift procedure.
Facelifts, technically known as rhytidectomies (which means “removal of wrinkles”), are designed to renew the skin of the mid- to lower face and neck. Facelifts are very effective for patients who want to:
- Correct deep creases from under the eyes
- Reduce midface sagging
- Reduce creases between the mouth and nose
- Improve condition of jowls due to loss of muscle tone
- Remove sagging areas of fat
- Remove fat and loose skin under the jaw and chin
While facelifts don’t stop the aging process, and signs of aging will gradually appear once again, facelifts can create a dramatic improvement in a patient’s appearance. Facelifts can produce a dramatic improvement in appearance for patients with the problems mentioned above.
Facelifts will not revitalize the eyelids, nose, brow, or parts of the midface. Patients looking to improve these areas sometimes combine a facelift with eyelid surgery or a brow lift.
Facial implants, injectable soft-tissue fillers, facial implants and skin resurfacing can also increase the outcome of a facelift.
Candidates for Facelift
Great candidates for a facelift include individuals who:
- Would like to improve one or more of the signs of aging
- Are men or women whose faces have started to droop, but whose skin still has some stretch elasticity
- Are healthy overall
- Are non-smokers
- Have realistic expectations
- Are considering a facelift to feel better about themselves, not because someone else is pushing them to have a facelift.
Facelifts are effective procedures in reviving the mid- to lower face and neck. We are all susceptible to age, gravity, sun exposure, and life’s daily stresses which show themselves on our faces and neck. However, facelifts counteract these signs of aging to produce a more youthful, fresh version of you- patients report looking 10-15 years younger. Facelifts are most effective for patients who want to correct:
- • Midface sagging
- • Deep creases under the eyes
- • Deep creases between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- • Jowls due to loss of muscle tone
- • Sagging areas of fat
- • Loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw
Further, facelifts will not rejuvenate the brow, eyelids, nose, and some of the midface. Patients who want to improve these areas may consider combining a facelift with a brow lift or eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty).
Free Consultation with Vernon Hills, North Shore and Chicago Facelift Specialist
If you would like to learn more about getting a facelift, or to learn more about our other cosmetic surgery options, call now to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Ritacca at (847) 367-8815. Our surgeons offer deliver remarkable results and specialize in patient care. We are conveniently located at 230 Center Drive, Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061.
Call Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa, Vernon Hills, at 847-367-8815 for more information on our Services, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Serving Libertyville, Gurnee, Mundelein and all surrounding areas.