Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty) Chicago
If you experience back pain, poor posture, or breathing problems from large breasts or do not like the appearance of your size, a breast reduction procedure may improve your health and quality of life. By removing fat and glandular tissue from the breast, our surgeons tighten the skin, resulting in smaller, more comfortable breasts.
Prior to your procedure, one of our experienced doctors will meet with you to discuss your goals and expectations for surgery, as well as to inform you of the details of your chosen procedure. This discussion is important in helping patients achieve the precise results they desire. Each procedure is fully customized for each individual patient.
Large breasts can cause a number of problems in women, such as breathing problems, poor posture and back pain. Women who suffer from these conditions, or are unhappy with their appearance, may benefit from a breast reduction surgery. During a breast reduction surgery, fat and tissue are removed from under the breast while skin is tightened to produce smaller, healthier breasts that are in better proportion with the rest of the body.
While the problems mentioned above are common reasons women seek out breast reduction surgery, often women with large breasts can attract unwanted attention, making the woman uncomfortable and affecting self-esteem. Through breast reduction surgery, patients can regain their confidence and obtain a renewed self-image in a body shape that suits them.
Before a breast reduction surgical procedure, you will meet with one of Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa’s experienced doctors to discuss your expectations and goals for your surgery. This will also be a time to discuss details of the procedure, which is important in helping you to achieve the best results. Each of our procedures is custom-designed for each individual patient.
Candidates for Breast Reduction
Women with oversized breasts that cause medical problems, physical, or social discomfort are ideal candidates for breast reduction surgery. Women cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding if they are undergoing this procedure.
Patients must understand the various risks associated with this procedure, and they need to realize the importance of having realistic expectations of the surgery in order to be satisfied with the results.
Breast reduction surgery is often covered by insurance at Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa, breast reductions are often covered by insurance. If you have large breasts and have ever experience back pain or other medical issues due to the size of their breasts, your insurance plan will most often cover the breast reduction surgery.
Some insurance companies have stipulations regarding coverage, but Ritacca’s board-certified plastic surgeons are well-versed in the intricacies of working with insurance companies. Our surgeons will take multiple photos and will thoroughly detail the symptoms you’ve experienced in order to submit all the necessary information to your insurance company.
Breast Reduction Procedure
Breast reduction surgeries take between 2 and 4 hours, depending on the technique being utilized, and are performed under general anesthesia. There are a variety of types of incisions that may be used for breast reduction surgery, and your surgeon will There are several different types of incisions that may be used for this procedure. Your doctor will establish the best type of treatment for you after evaluating your breasts and hearing about your goals.
- Traditional Breast Reduction Surgery – Traditional breast reduction surgery involves an incision shaped like an anchor, and is intended for women with extremely large breasts. Scarring is generally more apparent with traditional breast reduction surgery, through which skin, fat and tissue are removed from the lower breasts, with the nipples and areolas being repositioned as well.
- Vertical Incision Breast Reduction – Vertical incision breast reduction surgeries are also known as short-scar, a technique involving incisions that run around the areola and down to the creasts of the breasts, forming the shape of a lollipop. This technique is good for women with moderately large breasts, and creates shapelier breasts with less scarring, as women undergoing this surgery do not require extensive tissue removal.
- Scarless Breast Reduction – Liposuction techniques are used in scarless breast reduction to reduce the size of the breast with minimal or no scarring. Patients who qualify for scarless breast reduction need to have more fatty tissue than glandular issue. Scarless breast reduction is often used for men who have enlarged breasts.
At Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa, breast reductions are often covered by insurance. If you have ever experienced back pain or other medical issues caused from enlarged breasts, most insurance plans will cover the breast reduction.
Breast Reduction Procedure
The breast reduction procedure is performed under general anesthesia and takes about two to four hours, depending on the techniques used and each patient’s individual case. There are several different types of incisions that may be used for this procedure. Your doctor will determine the best type for you after evaluating your breasts.
- Traditional Breast Reduction Surgery – This technique involves an anchor-shaped incision and is ideal for women with extremely large breasts, although scarring is usually more apparent. Skin, fat and tissue can be removed from the lower breast and the nipples and areolas may be repositioned as well.
- Vertical Incision Breast Reduction – Also known as short-scar, this technique involves incisions that extend around the areola and down to the breast crease for a lollipop shape. Vertical incision is ideal for women with moderately large breasts and creates shapelier results with less scarring for women who do not require extensive tissue removal.
- Scarless Breast Reduction – Scarless breast reduction uses liposuction techniques to reduce the size of the breast with little to no scarring. Since liposuction only removes fatty tissue in the breast, patients should have more fatty tissue than glandular tissue. This technique is commonly used on men with enlarged breasts.
Free Consultation with Vernon Hills, North Shore and Chicago Breast Lift Doctor
If you would like to learn more about getting a breast reduction, or to learn more about getting a breast makeover, call now to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Ritacca at (847) 367-8815. We are conveniently located at 230 Center Drive, Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061.
Call Ritacca Cosmetic Surgery & Medspa, Vernon Hills, at 847-367-8815 for more information on our Services, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Serving Libertyville, Gurnee, Mundelein and all surrounding areas.